The Patrol Division of the Toppenish Police Department is responsible for community education through enforcement of Federal, State and local laws and Crime Prevention.
he Patrol Section of the Toppenish Police Department is currently made up of two Sergeants, and 9 commissioned officers. They are responsible for providing around the clock professional law enforcement services for our community. Our Patrol Officers are the first line of defense against the criminal element. Often referred to as the backbone of the police department, these officers are carefully selected and highly trained. Although many of the services involve responding to criminal activity, patrol officers also provide directed patrol in order to improve the quality of life for citizens.
Patrol work is complex and critical. It can be summarized by listing the following activities:
- Deterring crime through directed patrol.
- Enforcing the laws.
- Investigating criminal behavior.
- Apprehending offenders.
- Writing reports.
- Coordinating efforts with the prosecutor.
- Assisting individuals in danger or in need of other assistance.
- Conflict resolution.
- Keeping the peace.
- Maintaining order.
- Keeping pedestrian and automobile traffic moving.
- Assisting with special events.