COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
The COVID-19 Pandemic is a cause of concern within the community, the purpose of this is page is to provide a number of resources available with the latest news and information.
City of Toppenish COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Declaration of Emergency, Precautions and Updates:
- Toppenish Declaration of Emergency First Extension Resolution 2020-12
- Toppenish Special Council Meeting of March 16, 2020
Following the guidelines from federal, state and county authorities to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, effective March 16, 2020:
- Closure of all City departments to the public
- Suspension of all recreation and aquatics programs
- Closure of all City public restrooms
The City of Toppenish continues to provide essential services to residents and business for police, fire, water, sewer and garbage services.
Effective March 22, 2020, Dr. Teresa Everson, Health Officer of the Yakima Health District issued a Stay at Home Order for all Yakima County residents. The Stay at Home Order states that residents of Yakima County must remain at their place of residence, except as needed for essential travel for medical care and medications, groceries and for jobs that maintain continuity of operations of critical infrastructure sectors. The order will remain in effect until further notice.
Yakima Health District Issues Stay at Home Order
Yakima Health District Issues Stay at Home Order, Spanish
The City of Toppenish recommends the following resources for local, state and federal information on COVID-19:
- Yakima Health District
- Washington State Department of Health (DOH)
- Office of the Governor (Includes Information/Resources for Workers, Businesses, Schools, Insurance, Veterans)
- Washington State Coronavirus Response
- U.S. Government Coronavirus Response
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization