The City of Toppenish is committed to providing the community with a continuous supply of safe and dependable water.
The City of Toppenish water system is a Class 1 system. The City provides water service to approximately 2,300 homes/facilities, including 74 connections outside of the City limits. The average daily water demand per year is 1.92 million gallons per day (MGD). The average winter water demand is .98 MGD, whereas the average summer demand is 3.5 MGD.
The City of Toppenish water system provides this service for both domestic and irrigation use. All households within the City are metered. For your convenience, a copy of the Annual Drinking Water Quality Report is available below; simply click the hyperlink. If you have any questions regarding your water service, please contact the Public Works Department at (509) 865-4500. If you have questions about your water bill, please contact the Finance Department at (509) 865-2080. For water or sewer emergencies after 5:00 PM, please contact the Toppenish Police Department at (509) 865- 4355.
News & Updates
Letter to Utility Customers – New Water Meter Reading System
Water Meter Project Notification
Budget Billing Application – English
Budget Billing Application – Spanish
City of Toppenish Public Works Department Tips on Water Conservation
- Check to see that faucets are shut all the way off and make sure they don’t drip. Faucet aerators are very inexpensive and easy to install.
- Turn faucet off when brushing teeth.
- Consider installing a High Efficiency Toilet, which uses 1.28 gallons per flush or less.
- If washing dishes by hand don’t let the water run continuously.
- Limit baths: you can save between 20-50 gallons of water per day. Showering with a low-flow or restricted shower head can help you save water and money.
- Look for Watersense labels on products that have been tested to ensure savings & performance.
- Electric water heaters use 25% of their electricity to heat the water.
- High Efficiency Washing Machines. Look for Energy Star rated machines with low water per use load (water factor of 4.5 or lower). When doing laundry, only full loads.
- Check for leaky outdoor faucets, pipes, and hoses. Repair or replace if needed.
- Consider adjusting the mowing height on your lawn mower to a higher level. Longer grass shades root systems and holds soil moisture.
- Use fertilizers sparingly. Fertilizers promote plant growth; they also increase water consumption.
- Consider planting native plants and grasses that don’t require as much water as non-native plants otherwise known as Xeriscaping.
- Don’t leave your sprinklers on all day. Instead, have a timer put on your irrigation system set so it doesn’t over water your yard. Grass has deep roots and needs only about one inch of water per week.
- Water your lawn or flowers in either the early morning hours or later evening hours when it is cooler allowing the plants to absorb it more easily, and there is less evaporation.
- Make sure that sprinklers are adjusted to specific areas on your yard, not sidewalks or in the street.
- Install a shutoff nozzle on your hose so it doesn’t run continually.
For more information on native plants check out these websites: Washington Native Plant Society: www.wnps.org, WSU Master Gardener Program, Spokane Extension at www.spokane-county.wsu.edu/spokane eastside/index.htm.
Water conservation is a key part to preserving the water resources in our community and helps residents lower their utility bills. Follow this link to the Environmental Protection Agency WaterSense website for information and education about taking steps to save water in your home.
Watch these videos for information about financing sustainable water resources in our community produced by the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2021
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2021 (Spanish)
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2020
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2020 (Spanish)
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2019
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2019 (Spanish)
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2018
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2018 (Spanish)
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2017
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2017 (Spanish)
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2016
Toppenish Consumer Confidence Report 2016 (Spanish)