The City of Toppenish is working through a Periodic Review of the Shoreline Master Program (SMP). The Shoreline Management Act requires local governments to periodically review their SMP and, if necessary, revise their master programs to:
- Assure that the new master program complies with applicable law and guidelines in effect at the time of review; and
- Assure consistency of the master program with the local government’s comprehensive plan and development regulations and other local requirements.
- WA State DOE Shoreline Master Program
- Current Regional SMP
- Strike Through as Distributed
- SMP Draft
- Toppenish Shoreline Jurisdiction Map
- Toppenish Planning Commission virtual study session on February 16, 2021
- Virtual Open House
How to Participate
Public outreach and engagement will be a critical part of this planning process.
- Toppenish Shoreline Public Participation Plan
- City of Toppenish SMP Comment Form
- Notice of Public Hearing June 29, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- Stay tuned for more opportunities to share your perspective as this process continues
The Planning Commission welcomes public attendance at Planning Commission meetings.
Victor Shaul, Permit Coordinator
City Hall (1st Floor)
21 West First Avenue
Toppenish, WA 98948
(509) 865-7318 Office (509) 865-1950 Fax
Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM